As nations pass through various stages during the complex journey to destiny, many believers ask how they should pray effectively for their nations. Here are some thoughts and directions that may be helpful:
- We should join Caleb and pray: Give me this mountain! Pray that God opens your eyes to your Mountain of influence. That He may deploy you into the relevant sphere of calling where your influence can help advance the Kingdom agenda.
- Pray for people who are in places of influence in these mountains that they are: either converted and discipled to use their influence for the Kingdom OR that God may use them as Cyruses to propel His agenda. NB King Cyrus was not a believer but God used him powerful to advance the agenda of God for Israel. See Isaiah 45:1-5
- Pray for priestly kings with a Kingdom mindset to occupy positions of influence in these Mountains. Pray that these be people of conviction. Not vacillators and opportunists who change depending on what they can get form the powers that be. They must then demonstrate Kingdom power and unashamedly attribute it to God. E.g. Daniel, Joseph
- Pray for Christians in positions of influence that they may boldly represent the Kingdom agenda, take uncompromising stand on Kingdom issues and use their influence to serve the Kingdom and people. Pray their protection from the corrupting influence of demonic powers.
- Pray for God to raise people up the mountains of influence who have a biblical worldview and who have the capacity to capture the mountain and implement Godly worldviews on those mountains.
- Pray against ungodly worldviews and their proponents that they do not hold sway in key spheres of influence in the nation.