Agora- The Marketplace is a division of Rapha Trust which seeks to facilitate and empower influential business executives, entrepreneurs and graduate students. In a strategic partnership with Crowne Plaza Monomotapa, Agora – The Marketplace is running a monthly dinner codenamed Champions’ Turf, which showcases the leadership skills of and celebrates Zimbabwean entrepreneurs and business leaders. The dinners present a platform for networking, relaxing and learning for Zimbabwe’s strategic leaders from various sectors of the economy.
- The Plan and Format
- Each dinner features a prominent Zimbabwean business leader who will present a forty five minute case study involving a challenging strategic issue that he had to deal with in his career or company. The case would include the details of how the problem arose, how it was handled, reflections of the presenter of the failures and successes in handling the issue. Finally it illustrates the learning principles that the leader and organization derived from the experience.
- Dinner would be served simultaneously with a facilitated discussion based on the case studies with emphasis on how others viewed the case and how they would have dealt with issues. This discussion would reflect on learning principles derived out of the case study. This will take about another forty five minutes.
- The Rationale
- There has not been much time given to reflecting and telling the Zimbabwean story in terms of business success. There is need for people to share and learn from each others’ experiences in a relaxing non-threatening atmosphere. It is time that we create a platform to celebrate positive business role models. The Champions’ Turf is the place to be for business leaders, entrepreneurs as we all chip in to help rebuild our Nation.
- The model assumes that leaders are always learning and thus creates an interactive case study and story telling model of learning which is proven as effective for adult learners. The assumption is that all participants have contributions to make and so each will learn from the other.
- The Speakers Who Have Spoken So far
- The dinners run once a month on the last Wednesday from 1830-2030hrs.
Mr Shingi Munyeza – Group CEO AfricanSun Group
Mr Patterson Fungai Timba – Group Chairman Africa First ReNaissance Corporation (Afre)
Dr Peter Chikumba – AirZim Group CEO
Mr Nigel Chanakira – Kingdom Financial Holdings founder
Brigadier General (rtd) David Chiweza – Director Lobels Group
Mr Shingai Mutasa – Chairman TA Holdings
Mr Collen Gura – Group CEO Metallon Gold
Mr Justin Machibaya – CEO Homelux Holdings
TO BE CURRENT PLEASE CHECK POSTINGS AT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: “CHAMPIONS TURF NETWORK” O email email@example.com